Marriage & Family Therapist - Unlicensed, Trauma and PTSD Recovery, SMVH
Job ID: 110443 Date posted: June 10, 2021
- Sharp Mesa Vista
- Trauma and PTSD Recovery
- Counseling Jobs
- Day Job
- Per Diem
The Marriage and Family Therapist - Unlicensed assists patients and families with behavioral health and environmental resources to reach the maximum level of functioning during the current episode of care. This position is responsible for conducting behavioral health psychosocial assessments and clinical interventions, inclusive of individual, group, and family therapy in the partial hospitalization and structured outpatient programs. In collaboration with the interdisciplinary treatment team, coordinates patient care and provides case management for assigned patients.
The Trauma & PTSD Recovery Intensive Outpatient Program at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital treats patients suffering from acute stress as well as complex posttraumatic stress disorder. The program involves a combination of integrative psycho-educational and behavioral treatment approaches to address trauma recovery needs. Clinicians are cross trained in thought and somatic-based therapeutic approaches. The program treatment team consists of clinically diverse, highly skilled professionals in order to provide the highest quality of patient care.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offer outpatient programs throughout the community. As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospitals robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Per diem position. 8-hour variable day shift, no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work or Psychology from an accredited graduate program
- Current Registration with the State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences licensure as an Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (AMFT)
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- Able to document clearly and precisely (documentation to include but is not limited to psycho-social assessments, treatment plans, group notes, treatment updates and progress notes)
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One year of acute/psychiatric hospital experience, discharge planning/case management experience
- One year employment experience providing evidence-based adult individual and group treatment as well as psychological assessments for dual substance recovery patients
- Experience with CBT, DBT, ACT, group therapy and the Recovery Model
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: MFT, LMFT, BBS, licensed, Trauma, PTSD Revocery, therapy, group, individual, marriage & family therapy, dual substance recover, CBT, DBT, ACT, recovery
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”