Marriage and Family TherapistJob ID 84022 Date posted 10/30/2017
- Facility: Sharp McDonald Center
- City: San Diego
- Department: Psych Adult Chem Depend
- Category: Counseling Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
- Per Diem position with the opportunity to work within both the Inpatient and Outpatient programs at Sharp McDonald Center
- Requires the ability to commit to a minimum of 2 Sunday daytime shifts per month in the Inpatient program, and 3-4 additional shifts as needed per month in one or all of the programs at Sharp McDonald Center
- Shifts in the Inpatient and Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP) are typically 8:00am-4:30pm
- Shifts in the Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) are primarily 1:00-9:30pm
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology or related field
- Current California Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) Licensure
- Three years’ recent experience in a psychiatric setting
- Must be a team player and have flexibility in scheduling
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in chemical dependency
- Individual, Group, and Family Therapy experience
- Inpatient, Partial Hospitalization Program and Intensive Outpatient Program experience
- Knowledge of chemical dependency population and third-wave treatments of CBT, including ACT and DBT
- Experience with Insurance Utilization Reviews
The Marriage and Family Therapist under direction of the Sharp McDonald Center Manager and Lead Therapist, functions as a member of the interdisciplinary Treatment Team and is responsible for providing case management and direct therapy services to patients and their families. Activities include providing individual, group, and family therapy, developing and updating the master treatment plan, conducting compressive psychosocial assessments, and providing information/referral services. Experience conducting Utilization Reviews with Insurance required. Assists in providing technical guidance on the day-to-day operations of clinical services, and acts as a resource for the program in Performance Improvement, Patient Safety, integrated client safety programs and proactive risk identification and reduction.
Offering the only JCAHO accredited, medically supervised substance abuse recovery facility in San Diego County, the Sharp McDonald Center provides patients an individually tailored approach to drug and alcohol detoxification and rehabilitation in a supportive, structured, homelike setting.
Sharp McDonald Center provides inpatient care and offers outpatient programs throughout the community.
Additional Physical requirements of positions may be discussed during interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: MFT, Marriage and Family Therapist, Psychology, Chemical Dependency, Substance Abuse, Counseling, Therapy, Individual, Family, Group, Inpatient, PHP, IOP, Outpatient