Marriage and Family TherapistJob ID 84037 Date posted 10/30/2017
- Facility: Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Dual Recovery Services
- Category: Counseling Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 10:30 AM
- Shift End Time: 7 PM
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Variable shift: 10:30 am - 7:00 pm; no weekends
This is a Per Diem position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Psychology or related field
- Current California Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Current BLS certification for HealthCare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- Three years’ recent experience in a psychiatric setting
- Knowledge and experience in family systems
- Must be willing to work closely with an interdisciplinary treatment team
- Able to document clearly and precisely (documentation to include but is not limited to psycho-social assessments, treatment plans, group notes, treatment updates and progress notes)
- Excellent clinical and communication skill
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Two years recent employment experience with Dual Diagnosis and PTSD patients
- Strong knowledge and experience with PTSD patients, both general trauma as well as military related trauma
- Culturally competent with military population
- Knowledge and training in Seeking Safety Model, DBT model
Primary Therapist: group therapy, individual therapy, family therapy, and case management.
The Dual Recovery Partial Hospital and Intensive Outpatient Program at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital treat patients with co-occurring mental illness and substance abuse disorders. The program involves a combination of psycho-educational and behavioral treatment approaches and integrates treatment for both chemical dependency and mental health issues. Clinicians are cross-trained in the principles of mental health and addiction. Different levels of treatment accommodate the individual needs of the dually diagnosed patients. A team of highly dedicated professionals to provide the highest quality patient care.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offer outpatient programs throughout the community. As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospitals robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include:
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/pull up to 10 pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Marriage and Family Therapist, LMFT, Dual Diagnosis, PTSD, trauma treatment, military, MFT, counseling, psychology