Master Data Management Developer, Master Patient IndexJob ID 85812 Date posted 01/30/2018
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: Master Patient Index
- Category: IT Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
8 hour -Day shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in Master Data Management (MDM) - functional and/or technical experience
- Extensive experience in programming/analysis/design/administration
- Solid experience in MDM Hub configuration, IDD configuration.
- Experience developing conceptual and physical solution architectures for solutions incorporating heterogeneous applications, technologies and platforms
- Thorough understanding of data modeling, physical schema properties, triggers, and stored procedures
- Ability to administer Informatica MDM and IDQ
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to automate software administration tasks, perform capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning and administer security
- General understanding of data warehousing concepts and ETL tools
- General understanding of CRM and/or ERP packages
- Experience with messaging technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to facilitate discussions and drive toward quick decisions
- Professional hands-on integration experience. Experience designing and deploying in a Services Oriented Architecture and/or an Events Driven Architecture
- Ability to "think big" and grasp the overall picture, including the driving business requirements, representatives and goals.
- Experience with all components of Informatica stack
- Experience with complex queries in Informatica Power Center
- Healthcare industry experience
The Data Governance department's mission is to develop and deliver upon an enterprise-wide data governance strategy that supports the highest quality and most useful data for the purpose of improving quality of care, business efficiency, and Sharp's ability to successfully provide the Sharp Experience. This team also includes the Master Patient Index department, which serves to improve the safety and quality of our patients by being stewards of their data across all of our IT systems. The ISD Decision Support Services team's mission is to serve the client community by integrating data into a standard platform that will provide a highly reliable framework for improving Sharp HealthCare's analytic strategy and timely decision making.
- Delivers high quality solutions in adherence to Informatica methodology
- Assists with developing logical and physical database schemas, stored procedures, interfaces, and extensions to large enterprise proprietary solutions, primarily focused on the MDM initiative.
- Provides design, architecture and development support to MDM projects requiring real-time and batch Data Interfaces in compliance with data reference architecture.
- Develop and implement MDM solutions (multiple domains) based on project timelines and promote the adoption of best practice standards.
- Own the logical unit of development work “end-to-end” from concept to production, covering each phase of the SDLC.
- Collaborates with other IT organizations to understand and monitor 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools.
- Share / leverage successful products, processes and best practices across technology domains
- Contribute to continuous improvement by leveraging quality improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, etc.)
- Refine and enhance technology methodologies and / or standards
- Additional duties as assigned.
Sharp HealthCare's Information Systems Department was rated “Best Hospital IT Department” in the large hospital category by HealthCare IT News and is nationally recognized within the health care industry. Sharp HealthCare’s IT department is consistently ranked in the top “100 Most Wired HealthCare Systems” by Hospitals and Health Networks Magazine and recently ranked in Computerworld's "Best Places to Work", Sharp HealthCare was ranked #1 in the Pacific region.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Systems, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Physical Requirements may be discussed at the time of interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.