Medical Admin Assistant (MA) - SharpCare Float
Job ID: 110181 Date posted: June 01, 2021
- Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Day Job
- Per Diem
The Medical Administrative Assistant will assist patients, staff, and physicians as needed to maintain a high level of efficiency of operations to provide high quality care. Represents SharpCare by providing patients with appointments, information, and other clinical and operational support services for all SharpCare Medical Offices. Provides clinical support to the patients by demonstrating technical expertise and competence, within the established scope of practice. Provide a high level of customer service in a manner consistent with our Mission and goals.
SharpCare is known for exceptional level of care that is the hallmark of the Sharp Experience. It is going beyond caring for patients, families and employees. SharpCare has over 600 specialists, representing more than 30 specialties. Be a part of an amazing team at SharpCare.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This position will float to various locations throughout San Diego County (Coronado, Chula Vista, La Mesa, Kearny Mesa and Spring Valley).
Per Diem- Days - Variable Shifts - (Must be available to work a minimum of 3 shift per week, one of which must be a Monday or a Friday).
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or Navy Hospital Corps School required with proof of Medical Assistant Certification
- Minimum two years of Medical Assistant experience in a related clinical area
- Current AHA BLS (Basic Life Support) certification for Healthcare Providers
- Medication administration proficiency is required
- Strong emphasis on customer service, computer skills, and phones in an office setting
- Must have the ability to demonstrate proficiency in clinical skill and office procedures
- Must be flexible and have a strong sense of teamwork and be able to travel between all SharpCare offices
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- Hospital Corpsman
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”