Medical Administrative Assistant-Call Pods-FLOATJob ID 85990 Date posted 02/08/2018
- Facility: SRS Administration
- City: San Diego
- Department: Call Center System Support
- Category: Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in San Diego, County.
Per diem: 8-hour day shift; variable start and end times.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in clinical skill and office procedure.
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Ability to communicate at a strong professional level, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to diffuse volatile situations, and use good judgement and tact in dealing with patients.
- One-year minimum MA experience in related clinical area.
- One year current working experience in a high contact customer service environment or One year current experience in a Call Center.
- Medication administration proficiency is necessary.
- Certification of completion of a Medical Assistant Program required.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) required.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Hospital Corpsman (HM).
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA).
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Preferred strong emphasis in customer service, computer skills and phones in an office setting.
The Medical Admin Assistant Call Pods – FLOAT represent Sharp Rees-Stealy by providing patients with appointments, information and other operational support services for the Clinical Call Pods and Patient Contact Center. Provide clinical information to callers within the established scope of practice. Provide a high level of customer service via telephone in a manner consistent with our SRS Mission and Goals.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Call Center/PBX department assists patient registration and scheduling for over 300 physicians, including hospital and Skilled Nursing Facility sites, consisting of over 100 staff members that are multi-tasked and able to assist all Sharp Rees-Stealy medical offices.
With over 500 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 22 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Medical Admin Assistant, Medical Assistant, MA