Medical Administrative Assistant, Palliative, SRS-SDM
Job ID: 106033 Date posted: November 03, 2020
- SRS Central San Diego Admin
- Palliative Care Services
- Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Day Job
- Per Diem
The Medical Administrative Assistant represents Sharp Rees-Stealy by providing patients with appointments, information, and other operational support services for the assigned department. Provide clinical nursing support to the patients by demonstrating technical expertise and competence, within the established scope of practice. Provide a high level of customer service in a manner consistent with our Mission and Goals.
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 21 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego Main
Per Diem, Monday-Friday (8:00am - 5pm) No weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or Navy Hospital Corps School required with proof of Medical Assistant Certification
- Minimum one year Medical Assistant experience in related clinical area
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Medication administration proficiency is necessary
- Strong emphasis in customer service, computer skills and phones in an office setting
- Must have the ability to demonstrate proficiency in clinical skill and office procedures
- Must be flexible and have a strong sense of teamwork
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- Hospital Corpsman
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”