Medical Administrative Assistant - SRS Oncology/Hematology
Job ID: 105446 Date posted: October 09, 2020
- SRS Frost Street 8010
- Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Day Job
- Per Diem
This Medical Administrative Assistant position is for the person who is flexible in their work assignment. To be able to work under the direction of the Charge Nurse, but also be an independent thinker who can recognize department needs and appropriately intervene as necessary. Responsibilities include patient care, and patient registration.
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 21 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
This position is located in the Kearny Mesa community of San Diego, CA; San Diego County. Travel may be necessary to Otay Ranch and any future sites
Per Diem, Days (Variable 8 hour shifts 0700-1700). Monday-Friday
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program or Navy Hospital Corps School with proof of Medical Assistant Certification
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year Medical Assistant in related clinical area
- Strong emphasis in customer service, computer and phone skills in an office setting
- Ability to communicate at a strong professional level written and verbally
- Strong clinical skills to provide care to patients under the direction of the nursing staff
- Ability to diffuse volatile situations, and use good judgment and tact in dealing with patients
- Strong customer service skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Medical Administrative Assistant training from an approved program or Medical Assistant training from an approved program
- Medical Terminology Certificate
- Hematology Experience
- Oncology Experience
- Strong foundation in obtaining prior authorizations for PPO insurance
- Front desk check-in experience with insurance verification
- Managing multiple phone lines for inbound calls
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”