Represent Sharp Rees-Stealy by providing patients with appointments, information, and other operational support services for the assigned department. Provide clinical nursing support to the patients by demonstrating technical expertise and competence, within the established scope of practice. Provide a high level of customer service in a manner consistent with our Mission and Goals.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Department of Urgent Care consists of 4 providers on our staff to help meet the needs of our patients and is located at 5 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics (Chula Vista, Downtown, La Mesa, Rancho Bernardo and Sorrento Mesa).
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 22 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened 2 remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Medical Administrative Assistant, Medical Assistant, Navy Corpsman, Urgent Care, Emergency Department
*** Sign On Bonus: Qualified External Candidates may be eligible for a $1500 Sign-on Bonus ***
This position will float to different Urgent Care locations in San Diego County
Per Diem, Variable Shifts (Monday-Friday). Weekends as Needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant training from an approved program, and accredited Medical Assistant Program or Navy Hospital Corps School
- Current AHA BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Medical Terminology Certification
- One year Medical Assistant in related clinical area
- Strong emphasis in customer service, computer and phone skills in an office setting
- Ability to communicate at a strong professional level written and verbally
- Strong clinical skills to provide care to patients under the direction of the nursing staff
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- Medical Administrative Assistant Certification
- Hospital Corpsman