Medical Administrative Assistant
Job ID: 98448 Date posted: October 03, 2019
- SRS Rancho Bernardo
- Urgent Care
- Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Per Diem
This Medical Administrative Assistant position is for the person who is flexible in their work assignment. To be able to work under the direction of the Charge Nurse, but also be an independent thinker who can recognize department needs and appropriately intervene as necessary. Responsibilities include patient care, and patient registration.
With 400 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 20 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened 2 remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
This position is located in Rancho Bernardo, San Diego County
Per Diem - Variable Shifts
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program or Navy Hospital Corps School with proof of completion
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year Medical Assistant in related clinical area
- Strong emphasis in customer service, computer and phone skills in an office setting
- Ability to communicate at a strong professional level written and verbally
- Strong clinical skills to provide care to patients under the direction of the nursing staff
- Ability to diffuse volatile situations, and use good judgment and tact in dealing with patients
- Strong customer service skills
- Medical Administrative Assistant training from an approved program or Medical Assistant training from an approved program
- Ambulatory Care Experience
- Strong foundation in obtaining prior authorizations for PPO insurance
- Front desk check-in experience with insurance verification
- Managing multiple phone lines for inbound calls
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”