Medical Administrative AssistantJob ID 84027 Date posted 11/07/2017
- Facility: SRS Administration
- City: San Diego
- Department: Urgent Care Float Pool
- Category: Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position will float to different Urgent Care locations in San Diego County
Per Diem Variable Shift; Weekends as Needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program or Navy Hospital Corps School
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year Medical Assistant in related clinical area
- Strong emphasis in customer service, computer and phone skills in an office setting
- Ability to communicate at a strong professional level written and verbally
- Strong clinical skills to provide care to patients under the direction of the nursing staff
- Bilingual- English/Spanish
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Medical Terminology Certification
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- Medical Administrative Assistant training
This position is for the person who is flexible in their work assignment. To be able to work under the direction of the Charge Nurse, but also be an independent thinker who can recognize department needs and appropriately intervene as necessary. Responsibilities include patient care, and patient registration.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Department of Urgent Care consists of 4 providers on our staff to help meet the needs of our patients and is located at 5 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics (Chula Vista, Downtown, La Mesa, Rancho Bernardo and Sorrento Mesa).
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 22 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened 2 remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Medical Administrative Assistant, Medical Assistant, Navy Corpsman, Urgent Care, Emergency Department