The Medical Assistant for Pediatrics will be responsible for rooming of patients, computerized charting, assisting with procedures, paperwork, working in the scope cleaning room of the Pediatrics Department, and other responsibilities as assigned.
Sharp Rees-Stealy founded in 1923 is one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in San Diego County. The department of Gastroenterology consists of 9 providers on our staff to meet the needs of our patients and is located at the Sharp Rees-Stealy San Diego and Scripps Ranch medical offices.
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
This position will be located in San Diego County
Full Time 8:00am - 5:00pm occasional 7:30am-4:30pm or 11:00am-7:00pm shift; No weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or Navy Hospital Corps School
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One to three year experience in an related clinic setting
- Medication administration proficiency
- Experience with Touchworks or comparable electronic medical records system
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical skills and nursing judgment
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and multi-task
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Current Medical Assistant certification
- Pediatrics experience
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.