Job ID: 99568 Date posted: December 03, 2019
- SRS Central Point Loma
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Assistant Jobs
- Day Job
The Medical Assistant will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide patient care assistance to the Internal Medicine department. Position responsibilities include answering messages, returning phone calls, placing patients in exam rooms, preparing patients for exams, assisting with minor office procedures, documenting patient care in electronic medical record and medication administration.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Department of Internal Medicine consists of 53 providers on our staff to help meet the needs of our patients and is located at 11 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Del Mar, Chula Vista, Downtown-San Diego, El Cajon, Genesee, La Mesa, Sorrento Mesa, Otay Ranch, Point Loma, Rancho Bernardo and Scripps Ranch).
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 21 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Climbing one to 2 steps or greater
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Keywords: Medical Assistant, MA, Corpsman, Internal Medicine, Physician Office, Ambulatory Care
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or Navy Hospital Corps School required
- One year Medical Assistant in related clinical area
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Computer and keyboarding skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be flexible and have a strong sense of teamwork
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Medical Assistant certification
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”