Medical AssistantSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76193 Date posted 09/22/2016
Requisition ID: 76193
- Facility: SRS Frost Street 8010
- City: San Diego
- Department: General Surgery
- Category: Medical Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position will initially be located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
8-Hour Variable Day Shift; No Weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or Navy Hospital Corps School
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ambulatory care experience
- Experience with Touchworks or comparable electronic medical records system
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical skills and nursing judgment
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and multi-task
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- General Surgery/Medical Surgical experience
The Medical Assistant will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide patient care assistance to the Family Practice department. This position will work closely with the physician to manage panel of patients and ensure a smooth patient flow and clinic operation.
Position responsibilities include answering messages, returning phone calls, placing patients in exam rooms, preparing patients for exams, assisting with minor office procedures, documenting patient care in electronic medical record and medication administration.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Department of Surgery consists of 8 providers on our staff to meet the needs of our patients and is located at 4 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Genesee, La Mesa, Otay Ranch, and Scripps Ranch).
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 21 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Climbing one to 2 steps or greater
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Medical Assistant, MA, Corpsman, Family Practice, Physician Office, Ambulatory Care