The Medical Assistant will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide patient care assistance to defined patient population. Position responsibilities include answering messages, returning phone calls, placing patients in exam rooms, preparing patients for exams, assisting with minor office procedures, documenting patient care in electronic medical record and medication administration.
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Climbing one to 2 steps or greater
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Medical Assistant, MA, Corpsman, Ambulatory Care, Physician Office, Healthcare
The position will float to three Sharp Rees-Stealy locations in North San Diego County - Sorrento Mesa, Mira Mesa and Scripps Ranch
Per Diem Day Job Variable Shift; Weekends as Needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or Navy Hospital Corps School
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One to three years Medical Assistant experience in related clinical settings
- Computer and keyboarding skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be flexible and have a strong sense of teamwork
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Ambulatory care/Physician office experience
- Medical Assistant certification