Medical AssistantJob ID 84981 Date posted 12/21/2017
- Facility: SRS Sorrento Mesa
- City: San Diego
- Department: Dermatology
- Category: Medical Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
The position is located in Sorrento Mesa (North San Diego County)
Full Time; 8-Hour Day Shift; 8:00am - 5:00pm; No Weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or Navy Hospital Corps School
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One to three years Medical Assistant experience in related clinical setting
- Keyboarding, computer (40 wpm)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, flexible, and strong sense of team work
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Outpatient Dermatology or Surgical experience
This position works closely with physician to manage the panel of primary care patients. Ensure smooth patient flow and clinic operation. Places patients in exam rooms, prepares them for exam, assists with minor office procedures. Documents care in electronic medical record. Administer medications and screening exams.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Department of Dermatology consists of 15 providers on our staff to meet the needs of our patients and is located at 7 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Del Mar, Downtown, La Mesa-West, Otay Ranch, Rancho Bernardo, Scripps Ranch, and Sorrento Mesa).
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Climbing one to 2 steps or greater
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords Medical Assistant, Hospital Corpsman, MA, Physician Office, Medical Group, Doctor's office, Ambulatory Care, Dermatology, Surgical, Healthcare