Job ID: 110268 Date posted: June 04, 2021
- SRS Scripps Ranch
- Medical Assistant Jobs
- Day Job
- Per Diem
The Medical Assistant for Gastroenterology will be responsible for rooming of patients, computerized charting, assisting with procedures, paperwork, working in the scope cleaning room of the G.I. Department, and other responsibilities as assigned.
Sharp Rees-Stealy founded in 1923 is one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in San Diego County. The department of Gastroenterology consists of 9 providers on our staff to meet the needs of our patients and is located at the Sharp Rees-Stealy San Diego and Scripps Ranch medical offices.
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position will be located in Scripps Ranch, San Diego County
Per Diem, Days - 10-hour shifts (weekends as needed)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or Navy Hospital Corps School
- Current AHA BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One to three-year experience in a related clinic setting
- Medication administration proficiency
- Experience with Touchworks or comparable electronic medical records system
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical skills and nursing judgment
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and multi-task
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Current Medical Assistant certification (CMA)
- Gastroenterology experience
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”