Medical Director - Network - SCMG
Job ID: 92454 Date posted: December 01, 2018
- SHC SCMG Capitation Admin
- Executive Jobs
- Day Job
- Doctorate in Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine (DO) required.
- MBA degree preferred.
- Current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of California required.
- Board Certified
- Workforce and succession planning
- Physician Leadership Program Development
- Provider and ancillary contract negotiations input SCMG liaison with providers
- Ongoing evaluation of provider network to ensure alignment with Vision 2020
- Establish workforce criteria for credentialing
- Evaluation of applicants for credentialing
- Evaluation of applicants for potential positions in SCMG
- Facilitator of Specialty Department Meetings
- Establish provider mental competency standards for participation and ongoing participation
- Monitor for Code of Conduct infractions
- Interact with Practice Transformation Team for assistance with Practice Engagement
- Identify physicians who share the vision and values of SCMG for ongoing participation
- Anticipate contractual issues and evaluate and recommend solutions
- Field communication and provide resolution amongst providers and SCMG Evaluate appropriate size and standards of workforce based on goals and vision of SCMG
- Develop competency standards for credentialing and ongoing re-credentialing to ensure the highest quality of participation
- Be the recipient for Code of Conduct infractions and follow policy and procedure for resolution.
- Active participation in various meetings including Specialty Department Meetings, Regional Councils, PCP/SPC Business Meetings, Annual Shareholders Meeting, Contracts Meetings, etc.
“Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.”
“Sharp invests in the physical safety of its employees, unlike any other company I have worked with. They also are proactive in offering educational meetings that are relevant to the job we do. Management is fair and flexible with requested time off and there are plenty of opportunities to pick up extra shifts.”