Medical Radiation Physicist - Per DiemSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 75198 Date posted 08/03/2016
Requisition ID: 75198
- Facility: Sharp Outpatient Pavilion
- City: San Diego
- Department: Radiation Therapy
- Category: Radiation Therapy Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located at Sharp Memorial Hospital's Out-Patient Pavilion - Radiation Therapy Department in Serra Mesa, CA, San Diego County
4 to 8 hours shifts; per diem position to work variable day shift hours; no weekends; Radiation Therapy Department is open 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Masters in Medical Physics, Radiological Physics or a closely related field
- Board certification or board eligible in Therapeutic Radiological Physics by the American Board of Radiology or American Board of Medical Physicists; if not certified, must be certified within two years of hire
- Current BLS for HealthCare providers
- Comprehensive knowledge of radiation therapy patient care
- Advanced knowledge of computer systems, information management and data analysis
- Critical thinking skills to pro-actively problem solve
- Excellent time management skills
- Clear and effective communication skills; both oral and written
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- PhD in Medical Physics, Radiologic Physics or a closely related field
- 3 – 5 years recent radiation oncology outpatient experience
The Medical Radiation Physicist is a position with three general functions. Under the supervision of the Lead Medical Radiation Physicists, the Medical Radiation Physicist will be responsible for performing clinical Medical Physics, supervising dosimetrists and performing administrative tasks to ensure accurate and safe use of radiation machines and radioactive sources in Radiation Oncology. Assists with acceptance testing and commissioning of new equipment. Functions as consultant regarding patient radiation treatment planning; proposing several alternatives and discusses probable procedure with physicians. Responsible for ensuring that equipment requirements of Radiation Oncology Department are maintained at the highest level and updated as required. Performs quality control measurements, compares results to baseline values and initiates appropriate corrective action as necessary. Consults frequently with staff regarding issues relative to radiation safety and radiation protection.
The Radiation Therapy Department is a fast paced clinical environment treating 40 – 60 patients per day. The Radiation Therapy department equipment is comprised of an Elekta Versa HD, Elekta Infinity linear accelerators and Phillips Brilliance Big Bore CT simulator. Our staff is comprised of a dynamic and cohesive multi-disciplinary group of health care professionals that consist of dedicated oncology radiation therapists, physicians, nurses, dosimetrists and physicists. They provide compassionate patient care in a team-oriented environment and are recognized for providing the highest level of quality patient care while maintaining very high patient satisfaction scores.
Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion, located next to Sharp Memorial Hospital, offers a wide array of services including cancer treatment, laser vision correction, general and women’s imaging, outpatient surgery, endoscopy, diabetes education, and a community conference center and health library. At the heart of the Pavilion is the Cushman Wellness Center — providing comprehensive health evaluations tailored to an individual’s age and lifestyle, and integrative therapies to enhance physical, mental and spiritual health.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class
Keywords: Medical Radiation Physicist, Radiation Physicist