Medical Social WorkerSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77189 Date posted 11/08/2016
- Facility: Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: COG/DBT OP
- Category: Social Worker Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 4:30 PM
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County.
Per diem, 8-hour shift; 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master's degree in Social Work
- Current California LCSW license
- Current BLS certification for HealthCare Providers
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
- Two years of experience with the CBT model and knowledge of DBT skills
- Ability to work closely with an interdisciplinary treatment team
- Able to document clearly and precisely (documentation to include but is not limited to psycho-social assessments, treatment plans, group notes, treatment updates and progress notes)
- Basic computer knowledge
The Medical Social Worker with act as the primary Therapist facilitating group therapy, individual therapy, family therapy, case management.
The Cognitive treatment Program at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital is a highly intensive treatment program that treats adults and older adults experiencing depression, anxiety or post-traumatic stress disorder. The program offers a support therapeutic setting for patients experiencing significant disruption in daily living and takes a short term, group-oriented, cognitive-behavior approach.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offer outpatient programs throughout the community.
Physical Requirements may be discussed at the time of interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Medical Social Worker, Master's Social Worker, Cognitive Therapy, DBT, Social Services, Outpatient, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Sharp Mesa Vista, Sharp HealthCare, MSW jobs, Social Services jobs, San Diego jobs