Mental Health Associate-Psych ITP-Sharp Mesa Vista-Days-PRN
- Mesa Vista Hospital
- Per Diem
Shift Start Time:7 AM
Shift End Time:3:30 PM
Additional Shift Information:
Weekend Requirements:Every Other
Hourly Pay Range (Minimum - Midpoint - Maximum):$21.000 - $25.922 - $31.106
The stated pay scale reflects the range that Sharp reasonably expects to pay for this position. The actual pay rate and pay grade for this position will be dependent on a variety of factors, including an applicant’s years of experience, unique skills and abilities, education, alignment with similar internal candidates, marketplace factors, other requirements for the position, and employer business practices.
What You Will Do
The Mental Health Associate is a nursing caregiver who works under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse to provide patient care in accordance with each patient's IPOC (interdisciplinary plan of care), hospital policies and procedures and unit/program guidelines.
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
- AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association
- Some college course work in Psychology, Sociology, Communication, Nursing, or other health care related fields
- 1 Year experience working in a treatment setting with patients that have acute or chronic psychiatric and/or substance abuse disorders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to speak, write and comprehend medical terminology in English.
- Excellent verbal communication skills required.
- Knowledge of the bio-psycho-social needs of psychiatric patients.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to provide basic nursing care and mental health care to acute psychiatric patients.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected classH.S. Diploma or Equivalent; AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
Explore our locationsView locations
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community