Mental Health AssociateJob ID 84059 Date posted 10/30/2017
- Facility: Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Admin Liaisons
- Category: Mental Health Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Night Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 11 PM
- Shift End Time: 7:30 AM
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour night shift: 11:00 pm - 7:30 am; including every other weekend
This is a Per Diem position in the Float Pool at Sharp Mesa Vista
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- Knowledge of the bio-psycho-social needs of psychiatric patients
- Knowledge and skills necessary to provide basic nursing care and mental health care to acute psychiatric patients
- Ability to be calm and therapeutic
- Ability to speak, write and comprehend medical terminology in English
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Some college course work in Psychology, Sociology, Communication, Nursing, or other health care related fields
- One year recent experience working in a treatment setting with patients that have acute or chronic psychiatric and/or substance abuse disorders
This position will be in the internal float pool and act as a resource to all seven in-patient units. The Mental Health Associate is responsible for monitoring patients and providing basic nursing and mental health care under R.N. supervision. They play an integral role in maintaining the safety and integrity of the therapeutic milieu. De-escalation and therapeutic skills are very important. The Mental Health Associate will become familiarized with recovery principles in the treatment of our patients. Engages and build rapport with mentally ill patients
The Administrative Liaison department supports Admission/Discharge/Transfer (ADT) actions within the 149-bed acute psychiatric setting. The department manages staffing resources, LPS activity, crisis management, and communication with management team.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offers outpatient programs throughout the community.
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Mental Health Associate, MHA, Nursing Assistant, NA, CNA, Nursing, Psychology, Behavioral Health, Psych, Counseling, Float Pool, Per Diem