Mental Health AssociateJob ID 84529 Date posted 11/22/2017
- Facility: Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Psych Child Adlscnt-Lckd -CAP3
- Category: Mental Health Jobs
- Job Status: Part-Time
- Shift: Evening Job
- FTE: 0.8
- Shift Start: 3 PM
- Shift End Time: 11:30 PM
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour evening shift: 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm; including every other weekend
This is a Part Time (.8) Position: 64 hours per 2 week pay period
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- Knowledge of the bio-psycho-social needs of psychiatric patients
- Knowledge and skills necessary to provide basic nursing care and mental health care to acute psychiatric patients
- Excellent observation, communication, and collaboration skills
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task
- Ability to speak, write and comprehend medical terminology in English
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Some college course work in Psychology, Sociology, Communication, Nursing, or other health care related fields
- Certification as Nursing Assistant
- One year recent experience in a Psychiatric setting; Group Home, Residential Treatment Center, Day Program, or Inpatient
- One year recent experience with acute psychiatric illness in a pediatric population
The Mental Health Associate is responsible for monitoring patients and providing basic nursing and mental health care under R.N. supervision. They play an integral role in maintaining the safety and integrity of the therapeutic milieu. De-escalation and therapeutic skills are very important. Must become familiarized with recovery principles in the treatment of our patients. Engages and build rapport with mentally ill children and adolescents.
The Child and Adolescent Program (CAP3) is a 21 bed psychiatric unit at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital. This program is carefully designed to offer treatment and guidance to troubled young people from 5 - 17 years old and their families. This unit offers a complete and comprehensive continuum of care for child and adolescent. This continuum provides multiple opportunities of integration for the skills learned at the hospital. Child and Adolescent programming provides the highest levels of supervision, structure and support. This team is highly committed to delivering outstanding patient care.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offer outpatient programs throughout the community.
Physical requirements of position may be discussed at time of interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Mental Health Associate, Child, Adolescent, Pediatric, Nursing Assistant, Behavioral Health, Psych