Mental Health AssociateJob ID 85074 Date posted 12/28/2017
- Facility: Sharp Mesa Vista
- City: San Diego
- Department: Older Adult Program (OAP)
- Category: Mental Health Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 7 AM
- Shift End Time: 3:30 PM
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour day shift: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm; including every other weekend
This is a Per Diem position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- Knowledge of the bio-psycho-social needs of psychiatric patients
- Knowledge and skills necessary to provide basic nursing care and mental health care to acute psychiatric patients
- Excellent observation, communication, and collaboration skills
- Ability to be calm and therapeutic
- Ability to be a team player
- Excellent verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant training program
- Some college course work in Psychology, Sociology, Communication, Nursing, or other health care related fields
- One year recent clinical experience in a psychiatric inpatient hospital setting working with an adult population
- One year recent clinical experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Mental Health Associate (MHA)
The Mental Health Associate will work with an interdisciplinary team to deliver quality patient care. Able to act as a resource person to other units within the hospital.
The Older Adult Program (OAP) is a 23 bed psychiatric unit at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital. This unit accommodates the special needs for seniors. Each patient is under the care of a psychiatrist who directs a treatment team of registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, social workers, activity therapists psychologists, occupational therapists and mental health workers, all trained to identify the special behavioral health needs of seniors. Individual treatment plans are designed to meet each patient’s unique needs.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offers outpatient programs throughout the community.
Physical Requirements may be discussed at the time of interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Mental Health Associate, Nursing Assistant, CNA, Certified, Behavioral Health, Psych, Psychiatric