Job ID: 101769 Date posted: March 20, 2020
- Sharp HealthPlan
- Health Services
- Business Operations Jobs
- Day Job
Under the direction of the Manager of Network Development and Performance, this position performs and coordinates essential functions of the Network Department including serving as a liaison to contracted providers and medical groups, internal departments, other health plans and vendors. Develops professional written presentations, provider communications and educational material related to Plan products, processes and operations. Provides exceptional service to contracted medical groups and providers as well as internal customers. Documents, researches and resolves issues and complaints in a prompt and professional manner. Conducts research and gathers information to support assessment and decision-making by leadership within Health Services.
This might be the job for you if you are:
A self-starter who has a knack for implementing order and processes
Someone who thrives in fast-paced environments with multiple deadlines and deliverables
An excellent communicator (verbal and written)
Someone who can turn ambiguity into action
Good at creative problem solving and decision-making
Someone who possesses an eye for detail
A team player who can effectively manage up and across an organization
Good at working with cross-functional teams
If you like the sound of what it means to be a Sharp Health Plan team member, and you meet the qualifications above, please submit your resume along with a brief explanation about why you would be a good fit for this position. We look forward to hearing from you!
Sharp Health Plan is the largest, locally-based commercial health plan in San Diego. We are a not-for-profit organization serving the needs of San Diegans since 1992. As a subsidiary of Sharp HealthCare, San Diego’s largest provider of health care services, we not only serve the people of San Diego, we are the people of San Diego.
Through our unique integration with Sharp HealthCare, we connect our members to an award-winning network of hospitals, medical groups and physicians. We offer health insurance options for individuals, families, groups and businesses that combine affordability, choice, high-quality health care and personal service.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour shift: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 3 years experience in health care industry with a minimum of 1 year experience in a health plan or managed care organization
- Intermediate level Excel and Access experience
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate both clearly and concisely in a professional manner both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates strong organizational, critical thinking and analytical abilities in performance of all job duties
- Develops accurate, well written and professionally formatted materials for internal and external consumption
- Assists in maintaining Provider Operations Manuals and other provider and provider group communication materials.
- Utilizes professional business grammar and style in all communications whether verbally or in writing
- Checks documents and communications for accuracy, grammar and spelling prior to dissemination
- Provides timely status reporting on projects and activities assigned
- Summarizes and simplifies complex information
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Outlook, ProofHQ, CACTUS experience
- Familiarity with CMS, DMHC, Knox-Keene or health plan experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”