This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
8 Day hour shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates degree or technical school; work experience in a medical group or IPA may be substituted.
- Valid CA driver's licensure
- Three years’ related training experience in a medical group or IPA.
- Proficient in MS Office and web browsers.
- Ability speak in front of large groups, audience can range from 1 to 150 individuals and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, providers and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Excellent organizational, oral/written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to read and analyze, and interpret contracts, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Understand software applications such as ACES and IDX.
The role of the Sharp Community Medical Group (SCMG) Network Management Specialist is to be a liaison to SCMG regional physicians and their office staff. SCMG’s physician network is spread over San Diego County. The physician network is split into 7 regions. This position would support one of those regions.
The Network Management Department professionally manages all aspects of an assigned Sharp Community Medical Group provider region. Works closely with the physician network, affiliated hospitals, ancillary providers, Sharp HealthCare and all departments within SCMG. Specifically, recruit, orient and provide ongoing service to providers and ensure provider adherence to policies and procedures of SCMG and affiliated health plans. Identifies and resolves provider issues or concerns in a timely manner. Consistently supports SCMG by maintaining a positive and professional image.
Sharp Community Medical Group, San Diego’s largest group of private-practice physicians, is dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable medical care. The Sharp Community network includes more than 200 primary-care physicians and 500 specialists who practice independently in offices that are conveniently located throughout San Diego County to serve families in all communities.
Sharp Community doctors admit to all Sharp hospitals, Rady Children’s Hospital, Palomar Medical Center and Pomerado Hospital. In addition, Sharp Community patients have access to urgent care centers throughout the county.
Physical Requirements may be discussed at the time of interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Network Management Specialist, medical group, IPA, physician network, SCMG, provider network, healthcare, technical