Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Job ID: 105043 Date posted: September 22, 2020
- SRS Central San Diego Admin
- Nuclear Medicine
- Radiology Jobs
- Day Job
- Per Diem
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist produces high quality exams in compliance with policy and procedure and department guidelines. Demonstrates commitment to providing safe, efficient quality care. Provides pre- and post-procedure education to patients and families. Verify physician order and utilizes electronic medical record and ProSolv to complete all documentation.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Nuclear Medicine Department provides excellent customer service to an ambulatory care population, performing a variety of studies, including Cardiac imaging, utilizing a Siemens Symbia E camera.
With over 580 primary care and specialty care physicians providing care at 21 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services in laboratory, radiology, nuclear medicine, pharmacy, physical therapy, optical and urgent care within each medical center or nearby.
This position is located at Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Center in Serra Mesa, CA, San Diego County.
8 hour shifts; to work variable week days 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, Saturday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm; start times may vary with clinic hours of operation; will cover vacations and sick call as needed
- CA Nuclear Medicine Technologist licensure CNMT
- NMTCB or ARRT(N)
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers by the American Heart Association
- Ability to perform all standard Nuclear Medicine procedures
- Strong customer service experience
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple tasks
- Computer skills
- Highly effective problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work in team oriented environment
- Satisfactory completion of formal training program in an AMA approved school and meets the requirements of an appropriate State and/or Federal mandated certification or equivalent
- Two years recent experience as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Venipuncture certificate
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”