Nuclear Medicine TechnologistJob ID 85293 Date posted 01/12/2018
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Nuclear Medicine
- Category: Radiology Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in the community Serra Mesa in San Diego County
8 hour shifts; full-time position to work variable day shift hour; weekends as needed; rotating call
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Satisfactory completion of formal training program in an AMA approved school and meets the requirements of an appropriate State and/or Federal mandated certification or equivalent.
- CNMT, NMTCB or ARRT(N)
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Ability to perform all standard Nuclear Medicine procedures
- Strong customer service experience
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple tasks
- Computer skills
- Highly effective problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work in team oriented environment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Two years experience as Nuclear Med Tech
- ARRT (CT)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist produces high quality exams in compliance with department policy and procedures and guidelines. Demonstrates commitment to providing safe, efficient quality care. Provides pre and post procedure education to patient and family. Verify physician order and utilizes RIS correctly to complete all documentation.
Sharp Memorial's Nuclear Medicine Department has three cameras, all three cameras are SIEMENS: E.cam, MS-2 and Symbia T-16. We work with both In-patients and Out-patients and perform a good variety of studies, including Cardiac exams.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multiorgan transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Nuc Med Tech, Nuclear Medicine, Nuclear Medicine Tech, Nuclear Medicine Technologist jobs, Nuc Med Tech jobs, Nuclear Medicine Tech jobs, Nuclear Medicine jobs