Nurse Practitioner - NPSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76014 Date posted 09/14/2016
Requisition ID: 76014
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Emergency Department
- Category: Advanced Practice Nursing Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 7 AM
- Shift End Time: 4 PM
This position is located in Serra Mesa, CA (San Diego)
Per Diem Position
8 hour day shift; weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- MSN degree or equivalent Health Care degree
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current unencumbered California NP license
- Nurse Practitioner Certification (NP-C)
- Current BLS and ACLS
- Furnishing number and DEA license (must be obtained within specified period from date of hire if candidate does not currently have Furnishing # and DEA)
- Three to Five years’ acute care RN experience in specialty (Psych/Behavioral Health)
- Current San Diego County certification for involuntary holds (must be obtained within specified period from date of hire if candidate does not currently have certification)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Prior experience as a NP in the acute care setting
- Psych NP experience
- Crisis Prevention Training (CPI Training)
- Psychiatric Consultation-Liaison experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
This per diem Psych Nurse Practitioner position is independent and recognizes the scope of practice for a Nurse Practitioner in California. The NP will provide and enhance patient care based on advanced nursing practice principles in the area of psychiatry and behavioral health. This Nurse Practitioner position is with the Department of Emergency Services, with clinical responsibilities on the entire Sharp Memorial Metro Campus (SMMC). There will be a primary focus on consultation-liaison services for the ED and inpatient at Sharp Memorial Hospital (SMH), including Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns (SMBHWN) with possible services at Sharp Mesa Vista (SMV). Clinical responsibilities include, but are not limited to rounding on behavioral health patients to facilitate medical and psychiatric care, providing consults as requested in the hospital and ED, collaboration with psychiatric emergency team (PET) and SMV to expedite transfer to appropriate level of care.
This Nurse Practitioner will work closely with the Psychiatric Medical Staff to assess, care for and manage patients across the SMMC campus. These duties would include consultation services for medical and surgical patients at SMH, as well as evaluating patients in the Emergency Department; consulting on patients prenatal, intrapartum and postpartum at SMBHWN; acute rehab patients at Sharp Rehab Center; care for the psychiatric inpatient as well as the possibility of seeing outpatients in the various programs at SMV; as well as participate and champion staff training at all locations.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multiorgan transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Sharp Memorial Hospital is the flagship hospital in the Sharp Healthcare system coupled with Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns which features the premier Newborn Nursery in San Diego as well as boasts the largest women's hospital in the State of California
Sharp Mesa Vista is the leading provider of psychiatric care in the County of San Diego, offering inpatient and outpatient services (including inpatient detox and rehab for chemical dependency and electroconvulsive treatment) for all age ranges and varieties of mental illnesses, as well as a robust consultation service for Sharp Memorial and Mary Birch Hospitals. Sharp Mesa Vista is a 125 bed acute care psychiatric hospital, offering services for patients aged 5 to 17 and adult from ages 18 to geriatrics. Additionally, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital offers more than 12 outpatient programs for a myriad number of illness and patient populations.
Essential Physical Requirements of position may include:
- Lifting and carrying of 15 lbs
- Infrequent lifting of 50 lbs
- Able to spend 40-50% of the time standing or sitting while working with patients
- Able to spend 20-30% of time sitting at a desk or computer or listening in meetings
- Able to speak and hear clearly
- Able to key at computer terminal
- Able to grasp, hold and reach in any direction
- Able to identify and distinguish colors, detect odors and read fine print
- Able to perform CPR
Additional physical requirements may be discussed at time of interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: 76014, Psych Nurse Practitioner, NP, Advanced Practice Nurse, RN, Emergency, ED, Psychiatric, Behavioral Health, Nursing Jobs, San Diego