Nursing Assistant - NAJob ID 84175 Date posted 11/04/2017
- Facility: Sharp Outpatient Pavilion
- City: San Diego
- Department: Surgery
- Category: Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 12 PM
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County at Sharp Outpatient Pavillon.
Hours: 8 - 12 pm - per diem position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a Nursing Assistant training program
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One to two years recent Nursing Assistant experience
- Six months Nursing Assistant experience in a Surgery setting
- Experience with transporting patients, runner, room turnaround and stocking
- Ability to work in a team setting, take direction and preform technical duties of a Nursing Assistant
- Effective impersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- California Certified Nursing Assistant
The Nursing Assistant will be responsible for transporting patients, runner, room turnaround and stocking.
The Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion (OPP) is unique in San Diego. The OPP combines outpatient surgery and medical services, health screening, education, and health resource services in one convenient, integrated health center. The OPP provides a multi-disciplinary team approach to patient care to deliver comprehensive care. There are 11 state of the art Surgical Suites and 2 Interventional Pain Suites. This is a fast paced, multi-specialty Outpatient Surgery Center performing surgeries in the following areas: General, Orthopedics, ENT, Urology, Cosmetic, Ophthalmology and Interventional Pain.
Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion, located next to Sharp Memorial Hospital, offers a wide array of services including cancer treatment, laser vision correction, general and women’s imaging, outpatient surgery, endoscopy, diabetes education, and a community conference center and health library. At the heart of the Pavilion is the Cushman Wellness Center — providing comprehensive health evaluations tailored to an individual’s age and lifestyle, and integrative therapies to enhance physical, mental and spiritual health.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift upto 50 pounds
- Push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 50 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Nursing Assistant