Nursing Assistant - NAJob ID 84188 Date posted 11/06/2017
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: M/S Oncology (1W)
- Category: Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Evening Job
- FTE: 0.8
- Shift Start: 3 PM
- Shift End Time: 11:30 PM
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County.
Part time; 3pm to 11:30pm; every other weekends.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of basic patient/resident care skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform all baseline resident / patient care skills under guidance of Licensed Nurse.
- Fluent knowledge (written and spoken) of English.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills a plus.
- One year recent experience in geriatric setting preferred, one-year recent experience in an acute care hospital preferred or in accredited BSN program.
- Comparable to certified nursing assistant course preferred.
The Nursing Assistant collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) in the delivery of quality patient/resident care under the direction of a licensed nurse. Delivers care with consideration to age specific needs/care. Contributes to overall unit functions.
This is a 30 bed Medical-Surgical inpatient Oncology unit (all private rooms) with a collaborative practice culture, which provides family centered holistic care within an interdisciplinary team model. The nursing practice is evidence based and utilizes nursing and interdisciplinary clinical research. Patients are cared for throughout the continuum from diagnostic work-ups through and including end of life. Patients are treated for symptom management, disease progression, and undergo various treatment modalities including chemo/biotherapy, radiation, and surgery. Staff self-care is encouraged and supported.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Nursing Assistant-NA, Nursing Assistant, NA, Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA, Oncology