The Nursing Assistant collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) in the delivery of quality patient/resident care under the direction of a licensed nurse. Delivers care with consideration to age specific needs/care. Contributes to overall unit functions
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patientrooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care andconsists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use ofnatural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technologyand is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County.
Full-Time, 12-Hour Night Shift; 7:00pm - 7:30am, Every Other Weekend Coverage
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of basic patient/resident care skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform all baseline resident / patient care skills under guidance of Licensed Nurse.
- Fluent knowledge (written and spoken) of English.
- AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- One year recent experience in geriatric setting preferred OR One-year recent experience in an acute care hospital preferred.
- Comparable to certified nursing assistant course preferred.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.