Nursing Assistant, SBHC 3N MedSurg, SMHJob ID 85216 Date posted 01/05/2018
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: SBHC 3N MedSurg
- Category: Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Night Job
- FTE: 0.9
- Shift Start: 7 PM
- Shift End Time: 7:30 AM
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
Full time: 7pm to 7:30am; every other weekends.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of basic patient/resident care skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform all baseline resident / patient care skills under guidance of Licensed Nurse.
- Fluent knowledge (written and spoken) of English.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- One year recent experience in geriatric setting preferred OR one-year recent experience in an acute care hospital preferred.
- Comparable to certified nursing assistant course preferred.
The Nursing Assistant collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) in the delivery of quality patient/resident care under the direction of a licensed nurse. Delivers care with consideration to age specific needs/care. Contributes to overall unit functions.
3 North serves as an acute care unit at Sharp Memorial Hospital. This unit receives a variety of medical and surgical patients, including acute care patients who may require cardiac monitoring. This is a dynamic unit where we pride ourselves in taking care of the whole person –mind, body and spirit in a healing and safe environment.
Sharp Memorial is a part of Sharp HealthCare, which has been recognized for quality excellence with the 2007 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
Sharp Memorial Hospital has received the prestigious Magnet Designation for nursing excellence, a distinction granted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a subsidiary of the American Nurses Association.
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Nursing Assistant, NA