Ophthalmic AssistantSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77224 Date posted 11/10/2016
Requisition ID: 77224
- Facility: SRS Central Downtown
- City: San Diego
- Department: Ophthalmology
- Category: Allied Health Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Downtown San Diego, San Diego County
Temporary Full Time position
8:00am - 5:00pm - Monday through Friday
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of an accredited medical assistant or ophthalmic assistant program
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Computer keyboarding skills
- Exceptional customer service
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One to three years current ophthalmic or optometric experience
- JCAHPO certification at assistant level or technical course or comparable technical experience level
- Knowledge of different eye insurances
- Lensometry knowledge and ability to read prism
- Knowledge of contact lenses
The Ophthalmic Assistant assists Ophthalmologist or Optometrist with the provision of eye care in the office setting. Prepares the patient for eye exams and performs or assists with tests and procedures. Properly documents patient history.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Department of Ophthalmology consists of 15 providers on our staff to help meet the needs of our patients and is located at 6 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Downtown, La Mesa West, Otay Ranch, Rancho Bernardo, Sorrento Mesa, and the Serra Mesa Outpatient Pavilion).
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 22 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/pull up to 10 pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Ophthalmic Assistant, JCAHPO, Eye, Visual, Ophthalmology, Healthcare