Ophthalmic Surgical Laser Technician
Job ID: 96784 Date posted: July 11, 2019
- Sharp Outpatient Pavilion
- Opthamology Clinic
- Clinical Technician Jobs
- Day Job
- Per Diem
The Ophthalmic Surgical Laser Tech assists the Ophthalmologists and staff with patient procedures and maintains patient flow. Initiates the procedures by taking patient history, obtaining informed consent and administering ordered ophthalmic medications. Instructs patients in all aspects of pre and post op care, as directed by the physician. Position is responsible for the ordering, stocking and maintenance of all supplies, medications, and instruments.
Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion, located next to Sharp Memorial Hospital, offers a wide array of services including cancer treatment, laser vision correction, general and women’s imaging, outpatient surgery, endoscopy, diabetes education, and a community conference center and health library. At the heart of the Pavilion is the Cushman Wellness Center — providing comprehensive health evaluations tailored to an individual’s age and lifestyle, and integrative therapies to enhance physical, mental and spiritual health.
Essential Physical Requirements may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
- Minimum two (2) years’ of experience in eye and JACAPO certification at Assistant level or technical course or comparable technical/surgical experience
- CPR/BLS certification by the American Heart Association
- Knowledge of eye medications use and care of instruments. Knowledge of sterile techniques. Successful completion of skills inventory.
- Knowledge of eye meds, use/care of instruments and sterile technique strongly preferred
- Cataract, Cornea Specialty Practice experience strongly preferred
- Refractive surgical experience strongly preferred
- Certifications for VISX, Wave Scan, Intralase and iDesign strongly preferred
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”