Ophthalmic Technician IIJob ID 86123 Date posted 02/14/2018
- Facility: SRS Outpatient Pavilion
- City: San Diego
- Department: Ophthalmology (OPP)
- Category: Clinical Technician Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
This position is located in the Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour day shift: 8:00am-5:00pm; no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current BLS certification by American Heart Association
- Minimum of two (2) years’ current experience in an Ophthalmology practice
- JCAHPO certification as Assistant level or technical course of comparable surgical experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of eye meds, use/care of instruments and sterile technique strongly preferred
- Glaucoma Specialty Practice experience strongly preferred
The person who fills this position will primarily assist the Retina Specialists, but will also assist all eye department providers, as necessary, in our busy ophthalmology/optometry practice. He/she will initiate exams by taking patient history and performing high level diagnostic testing.
Located in the beautiful Sharp Memorial Hospital Outpatient Pavilion, Sharp Rees-Stealy Surgical Eye Consultants specialize in refractive surgery, retinal care, corneal care, and glaucoma care. We are looking for a cheerful, positive individual to join our dynamic Eye Care team!
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 21 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/pull up to 10 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Ophthalmic Technician II, Ophthalmology, JCAHPO, Certified Ophthalmic Assistant, COA, Healthcare