OR/Sterile Processing Technician
Job ID: 105024 Date posted: September 24, 2020
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Sterile Processing
- Clinical Technician Jobs
- Evening Job
- Per Diem
The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for decontamination, reprocessing, sterilization and storage of Operating Room (OR) instrumentation; sterilizer monitoring, maintenance and documentation; OR supply maintenance and case cart assembly.
- One year experience in an acute care hospital, sterile processing, or surgery department or completion of a program for sterile processing/central supply technician
- Thorough knowledge of surgical instrumentation, sterile techniques, general hospital supplies and equipment
- Great interpersonal skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- CRCST certification (IAHCSMM) or CSDPT certification (CBSPD)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”