OR/Sterile Processing TechnicianJob ID 83373 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Sterile Processing
- Category: Clinical Technician Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Evening Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 2 PM
- Shift End Time: 10:30 PM
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Per Diem - Evening position
2:00pm - 10:30pm
Weekends as Needed - On call requirement
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year experience in an acute care hospital, sterile processing, or surgery department or completion of a program for sterile processing/central supply technician
- Thorough knowledge of surgical instrumentation, sterile techniques, general hospital supplies and equipment
- Great interpersonal skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Two years’ recent experience as sterile processing experience in a surgical setting
The OR/Sterile Processing Distribution Technologist is responsible for decontamination, reprocessing, sterilization and storage of Operating Room (OR) instrumentation; sterilizer monitoring, maintenance and documentation; OR supply maintenance and case cart assembly.
This position is for the Surgical Department at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The Surgical Department has a brand new state of the art facility. The multi-specialty surgical services is comprised of 12 OR suites. Some of the nationally recognized programs are in Bariatric, Robotic, and Open Heart and Transplant. If you desire a challenge in a fast paced, technologically advanced and collaborative department, consider Sharp Memorial Hospital.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Climbing 1 to 2 steps or greater
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: OR/Sterile Processing Tech, Operating Room, Distribution, Healthcare, Supply