Assists patients, staff and physicians as needed to maintain a high level of efficiency of operations and customer service while providing quality care to a designated patient population. The Orthopedic Technician II performs duties at an expert level in the operating room and clinic setting under the direction of the Orthopedic Surgeon
The Department of Podiatry consists of 7 providers on our staff to help meet the needs of our patients and is located at 6 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics (Downtown, La Mesa, Otay Ranch, Point Loma, Rancho Bernardo and Sorrento Mesa)
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
This position is located in Rancho Bernardo, San Diego County
Per Diem - Day position - 8:00am - 5:00pm
Weekends as needed
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Completion of orthopedic technology program or other equivalent program (such as military training program)
- Current BLS Certification for Healthcare Providers
- National Certification with NBCOT
- Five years full-time work experience in a hospital, clinic or office setting or as an independent contractor working directly in the care of orthopedics patients
- Demonstrated proficiency in application of casts, splints and braces
- Knowledge of major and minor orthopedic surgical procedures and techniques, table set-up, patient positioning and sterile techniques
Physical Requirements of position may be discussed at time of interview
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.