Orthopedic Technician IIJob ID 84577 Date posted 11/29/2017
- Facility: SRS Central San Diego Admin
- City: San Diego
- Department: Orthopaedic Surgery
- Category: Clinical Technician Jobs
- Job Status: Part-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.6
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Part Time position - 8:00am - 5:00pm
Monday through Friday
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of an orthopedic technology program or other equivalent program (ex: military training program)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- National certification with NBCOT
- Five years full-time work experience in a hospital, clinic or office setting or as an independent contractor working directly in the care of orthopedics patients, and certified by NBCOT for no fewer than two years.
- Demonstrated proficiency in application of casts, splints and braces.
- Knowledge of major and minor orthopedic surgical procedures and techniques, table set-up, patient positioning and sterile techniques
The Orthopedic Technician II will be responsible for assisting the Orthopedic Surgeon with application and removal of casts, braces, soft goods, traction and splints within scope of practice; assists with office surgical procedures;
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a busy Orthopedic practice with several subspecialties; teamwork and patient satisfaction are key functions on a daily basis
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 22 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
Essential physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Orthopedic Technician, casts, splints, Ortho, NBCOT, San Diego Ortho Tech jobs, San Diego Orthopedic Tech jobs