The Pathologist Assistant performs gross dictation of surgical specimens to include large organ, and all small tissue types.
The Sharp HealthCare Copley Laboratory is the centralized reference laboratory responsible for supporting the Sharp HealthCare system. The scope of services includes the Pathology Lab, Immunology, Microbiology and Molecular Diagnostic testing and is operational 24 hours per day/7 days per week. We are proud to have a team of very committed and highly performing employees! Our leadership team promotes wellness, real time reward & recognition, professional growth, flexible scheduling and work/life balance. Take your career to the next level with Sharp HealthCare’s Clinical Lab Services!
This position will provide coverage as needed across 4 Sharp locations (Sharp Grossmont Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, Sharp Memorial Hospital, and our Central Copley laboratory), San Diego County
Variable shifts between 7:00 am - 6:30 pm; including weekends as needed
This is a Per Diem position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree AND must have or be eligible for ASCP certification as a Pathologists’ Assistant – PA(ASCP)
- ASCP must be obtained within 6 months of start date
- One year recent experience grossing complex level 2C specimens
- Preparation, gross description and dissection of human tissue surgical specimens and of human postmortem examinations
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree
- Two or more years’ experience grossing simple (1, 2A and 2B) and complex (2C) cases
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.