Patient Service Representative
Job ID: 103038 Date posted: June 26, 2020
- SRS Sorrento Mesa
- Scheduling Services
- Clerical Jobs
- Day Job
- Per Diem
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations (and still growing) and over 500 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
This position is located in Sorrento Mesa, San Diego County.
- Medical office experience required with a strong emphasis in customer service, computer skills and phones or completion of a medical receptionist or equivalent training program.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification.
- Medical Terminology required.
- Ability to utilize resources in an organized manner.
- General knowledge of medical office procedures and terminology.
- Effective interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Strong professional level of written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to diffuse volatile situations and use good judgment and tact in dealing with patients.
- Knowledge of insurance co pays and co-insurances a plus
- Completion of a medical receptionist or equivalent training program preferred.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred.
- One to two years recent health care office experience or medical front desk experience.
- Able to type 45 wpm minimum.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”