Patient Service RepresentativeJob ID 83504 Date posted 10/30/2017
- Facility: SRS North Mira Mesa
- City: San Diego
- Department: Speech-Language Pathology
- Category: Clerical Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in SRS Mira Mesa.
Per diem; 8-hour day shift; variable times.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to utilize resources in an organized manner.
- General knowledge of medical office procedures and terminology.
- Effective interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Strong professional level of written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to diffuse volatile situations, and use good judgement and tact in dealing with patients.
- Medical office experience required with a strong emphasis in customer service, computer skills, and phones or completion of a medical receptionist or equivalent training program.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Medical Terminology required.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Must be able to type 30 wpm with 2 errors or less.
- Completion of a medical receptionist or equivalent training program preferred.
The Speech-Language Patient Service Representative, PSR, must provide excellent customer service skills, be able to multi-task; greet and check-in patients, schedule appointment, answer phones. Uses telephone regularly and must be able to hear and speak clearly on the phone. Ability to remain calm and exercise good judgement in stressful situations. Greets and assists patients. Schedules, confirms and coordinates appointments. Schedules initial evaluations for the Speech and Language Pathologists, SLP. Collects co-payments and performs cashier functions. Verifies and updates patient accounts, provides billing information, and registers new patients. Communicates provider delays. Monitors patient waiting area. This position involves scheduling and checking in patients for the Speech and Language Pathologists as well as the Pediatric Rehabilitation Therapists. Must be comfortable around children.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with an outstanding team of five Speech Pathologists in San Diego providing Speech/Language services to patients of all ages at five locations throughout the county. We work with closely with our Pediatricians, Neurologists, Otolaryngologists, Radiologists, Audiologists, Physical and Occupational Therapists. The Speech Pathology Department provides comprehensive speech-language and cognitive-linguistic services on an out-patient basis. Services are available for neonates through geriatric populations. Evaluations and treatment include the areas of stroke, brain injury, progressive neurological disease, swallowing disorders, oral-motor dysfunction, voice, fluency, developmental Speech-Language disorders and adult Cochlear Implant patients.
With over 500 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 22 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Ability to sit at a computer and use telephones for 6 to 8 hours.
- Able to hear and understand patient communications.
- Reaching above and below shoulder level
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/pull up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Patient Service Representative, PSR, Speech Pathology , Speech Therapist