Patient Service RepresentativeJob ID 86083 Date posted 02/13/2018
- Facility: SRS Rancho Bernardo
- City: San Diego
- Department: Scheduling Services
- Category: Clerical Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Rancho Bernardo but will float to Carmel Valley, Del Mar, Scripps Ranch, Mira Mesa and Sorrento Mesa, San Diego County
Per diem; 8-hours variable shifts
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Medical office experience required with a strong emphasis in customer service, computer skills and phones or completion of a medical receptionist or equivalent training program.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification.
- Medical Terminology required.
- Ability to utilize resources in an organized manner.
- General knowledge of medical office procedures and terminology.
- Effective interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Strong professional level of written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to diffuse volatile situations and use good judgment and tact in dealing with patients.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Completion of a medical receptionist or equivalent training program preferred.
The Patient Service Representative responsible for scheduling patients, patient communications including phone and e-mail, patient check in with payment collections and demographic updates. Confirms insurance eligibility and assures authorizations for service. Provides a high level of customer service
consistent with the Sharp Experience standards.
The Sharp Rees Stealy Scheduling Services Department offers front office administrative support to various departments at Sharp Rees Stealy Medical Group. Patient Service Representatives or other staff members are trained to fill positions when regular staff are on vacation or are ill. Float team members enjoy a variety of short or long term assignments at different locations.
With over 500 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 22 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 10 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Patient Service Representative, PSR, Medical Receptionist, Medical Front Desk