PBX OperatorSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76679 Date posted 10/14/2016
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: PBX
- Category: Clerical Jobs
- Job Status: Part-Time
- Shift: Evening Job
- FTE: 0.6
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour Part Time Evening Variable Shift; Every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proficient with computer skills
- One year current experience as a telephone operator
- Demonstrates strong telephone communication skills and etiquette
- Ability to handle multiple crucial telephone calls
- Ability to multi-task, be organized and flexible
- Ability to follow procedures
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Preferred Skills and Requirements
- College education
- Experience working in a hospital setting
The PBX Operator answers all incoming calls according to PBX or UA5200 guidelines. Prioritizes emergent hospital code calls; provides clear and concise public PBX [intercom] overhead paging and announcements, promptly and accurately facilitates all hospital code calls and notices, directs/connects all external and Internal customers [calls] to appropriate destinations.
The PBX Department is committed to providing excellent customer service. As a provider of customer service and communicative needs, the PBX Department consistently complies with Sharp HealthCare practices, policies (e.g., attendance, patient safety) and procedures. Abides by ethical standards set in the Sharp HealthCare Commitment to Principles Handbook.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: PBX Operator, customer service, telephone operator, customer contact, call center