Per Diem RN I - HospitalSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 73359 Date posted 05/04/2016
Requisition ID: 73359
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Case Management
- Category: RN Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 4:30 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Serra Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
8-hour day shift, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; weekends as needed, no more than every other weekend
Per Diem I position: requires a commitment to be scheduled to work a minimum of one (1) or more shifts during each 4 week period.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification for HealthCare Providers
- Three years of recent acute care nursing experience or case management experience
- Computer, data management and analysis skills
- Understanding and knowledge of payer eligibility and reimbursement regulations and impact on the continuum of care
- Knowledge of use of community resources to coordinate safe discharges from acute care and the ED settings
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by the ability to work effectively with individuals and/or teams, and across disciplines
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, as demonstrated in oral and written forms
- Able to work in a collaborative partnership model with Social Workers and other members of the interdisciplinary team, both internal and external
- Organizational and time management skills as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to mentor and lead a team
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- BSN degree
- CM Certification - such as Accredited Case Manager (ACM) or Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience with InterQual and/or MCG and Allscripts
This per diem unit-based/floor Case Manager I position is for Sharp Memorial Hospital. The RN Case Manager I assesses, develops, implements, coordinates and monitors a comprehensive plan of care for each patient/family in collaboration with the physician, social worker and all members of the interdisciplinary team in the inpatient and emergency department patient care areas. This position requires the ability to combine clinical/quality considerations with regulatory/financial/utilization review demands to assure patients are receiving care in the appropriate setting and level of care. The position creates a balance between individual clinical needs with the efficient and cost effective utilization of resources while promoting quality outcomes.
Case Managers at Sharp Memorial Hospital are part of the Case Management Department. The department uses a collaborative model of nursing, social work and clinical support to navigate patients through utilization review, resource utilization and the discharge process. This dynamic and fast-paced department is comprised of RN case managers, medical social workers and support staff.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/pull up to 25 pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keyword: 73359,RN, Registered Nurse, Case Manager I, RN Case Management, Utilization Review, Per Diem, Nursing Jobs, Nurse, ACM, CCM, Sharp Memorial Hospital, San Diego