Per Diem RN II - Hospital, Medical Intensive Care Unit, Sharp Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 107267 Date posted: January 12, 2021
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- MICU (3W)
- Day Job
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
Currently, the MICU is a dynamic, high acuity 24 bed medical intensive care unit that provides patient-focused, family-centered care and promotes quality of life to all of its' customers. Our interdisciplinary team delivers compassionate, individualized care using state-the-art and evidenced-based patient management techniques. The primary patient populations include Mechanical Assist Devices (i.e. LVAD, RVAD, and IABP), multisystem organ failure, acute MI/interventional cardiology patients, cardiac emergencies/arrhythmia, respiratory failure/ventilator management, sepsis and shock, renal failure/continuous renal replacement therapy. The MICU achieved “Silver Beacon” status which is a designation conferred by the AACN to ICUs demonstrating clinical excellence. If you desire an atmosphere of continual learning that is challenging and stimulating, this is the place for you!
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Person-Centered Care Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Three years current adult Intensive Care RN experience in an Acute Care setting
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- CCRN certification
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole