Per Diem RN II - Hospital, Psych Child Adlscnt-Lckd -CAP3, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital
Job ID: 97548 Date posted: August 20, 2019
- Sharp Mesa Vista
- Psych Child Adlscnt-Lckd -CAP3
- Evening Job
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Per Diem II RN independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
The Child and Adolescent Program (CAP3) is a 21 bed psychiatric unit at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital. This program is carefully designed to offer treatment and guidance to troubled young people from 5 - 17 years old and their families. This unit offers a complete and comprehensive continuum of care for child and adolescent. This continuum provides multiple opportunities of integration for the skills learned at the hospital. Child and Adolescent programming provides the highest levels of supervision, structure and support. This team is highly committed to delivering outstanding patient care.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 158 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 300 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1995, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offers outpatient programs throughout the community.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Per Diem; 8 hour evening shift; 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm; requires a commitment to be scheduled to work a minimum of six (6) or more eight-hour shift during each four (4) week period, including a minimum of two (2) weekend shifts or one (1) weekend shift and one (1) Friday shift or one (1) Monday shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of Nursing School
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Three years recent RN experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- One year recent RN experience with acute psychiatric illness in a pediatric population
- One year recent Psych RN experience
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole