Per Diem RN II - Hospital
Job ID: 101059 Date posted: February 15, 2020
- Sharp Outpatient Pavilion
- Day Job
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
The Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion (OPP) is unique in San Diego. The OPP combines outpatient surgery and medical services, health screening, education, and health resource services in one convenient, integrated health center. The OPP provides a multi-disciplinary team approach to patient care to deliver comprehensive care. There are 11 state of the art Surgical Suites and 2 Interventional Pain Suites. This is a fast paced, multi-specialty Outpatient Surgery Center performing surgery in the following areas: General, Orthopedics, ENT, Urology, Cosmetic, Ophthalmology and Interventional Pain.
Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion, located next to Sharp Memorial Hospital, offers a wide array of services including cancer treatment, laser vision correction, general women's imaging, outpatient surgery, endoscopy, diabetes education, and a community conference center and health library. At the heart of the Pavilion is the Cushman Wellness Center - providing comprehensive health evaluations tailored to an individual's age and lifestyle, and integrated therapies to enhance physical, mental and spiritual health.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Per Diem - Day Shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association
- Current ACLS certification from the American Heart Association
- Two years current PACU Stage I and II experience in a multi-specialty outpatient surgery center
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and professional accountability
- Demonstrates ability to be multi-skilled and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be self-directed
- Excellent customer service skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole