Per Diem RN II - Hospital
Job ID: 101644 Date posted: March 10, 2020
- Sharp Mesa Vista
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Per Diem RN II will be responsible for performing psychiatric evaluations and determining appropriate disposition. Evaluations will occur on site at Sharp Mesa Vista as well as in 3 of the 4 Sharp acute care hospitals for both the ED's and the medical floors. The position includes telephone triage, crisis intervention, and face to face assessment of psychiatric patients in crisis; as well as obtaining initial insurance authorization for hospitalization.
The Intake Department at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital performs clinical assessment and patient evaluations in the Emergency Department and facilitates patient admission to the Behavioral Health Unit. The appropriate level of care and dispositions from the ED are done in consultation with a psychiatrist on call as well as the Emergency Department physician. The Intake team consists of a dedicated staff of experienced professionals who care for the patient from admission through discharge. The team includes nurses, licensed clinical social workers, licensed marriage family therapists, psychiatrists, pharmacists and case managers.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 158 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 300 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1995, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offers outpatient programs throughout the community.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
- Graduate of Nursing School
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse License
- Current BLS certificate for Healthcare Providers
- Three year recent RN experience
- One year recent Psych Intake RN experience, crisis intervention, or emergency room
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Knowledge of local community resources
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Two years recent Psych Intake RN experience, crisis intervention, or emergency room
- In-depth knowledge of psychiatric and chemical dependency conditions
- Ability to perform psychiatric evaluations and determine appropriate disposition
- Experience with and knowledge of insurance coverage
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and knowledge of hospital admission criteria
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole